Impact Resistant Windows
Whether you choose vinyl or aluminum *, SafeHarbor® impact resistant windows are engineered to give coastal homeowners peace of mind. Each window is designed to protect against hurricane force winds and the flying debris that heavy winds create.
Impact resistant windows are designed to look like traditional windows and doors, but they are constructed of impact-resistant safety glass embedded in heavy duty, reinforced frames.
In addition to protecting you from Mother Nature's worst, SafeHarbor® products offer:
Gulf & Basco stocks a wide variety of impact resistant styles and is eager to assist you in choosing the right windows for your project. Give us a call today or stop by our showroom to speak with a customer service representative. We look forward to meeting you.
- Greater defense from intruders because forced entry becomes exponentially more difficult, and more durable locks are installed to help maintain the integrity of the glass.
- Better protection from the effects of salt air because of their durable vinyl construction.
- Blocks 99.9% of the sun's UV rays to help reduce fading of your home's furnishings.
- Increased noise reduction as a result of greater structural integrity.
* Though impact resistant windows are available in both vinyl and aluminum, we strongly recommend vinyl windows for these applications.
In independent lab testing, SafeHarbor® windows were impacted with a 9 foot long 2x4 fired from an air cannon at speeds up to 50 feet per second (35 mph). Then they were buffeted for 5 hours by combined positive and negative pressure simulating hurricane force winds. Not only did the glass remain in its frames throughout this process, but the windows still operated after testing was completed.